Innovation for society
The mission of Valorisation & Business Development is defined as:
“To promote, foster and facilitate the dissemination and transfer of knowledge and inventions from Maastricht University and Maastricht UMC+ to society, the goal of which is to maximize the social and the economic value.”
The valorisation process typically starts with an invention or idea that has the potential to be converted into a product, service, or anything of economic or societal value. Once you have thought this idea through, and especially if you think this might have societal impact, your first step should be to contact the Valorisation & Business Development team. You can also download the valorisation guideline if you want to turn your inventive research into practice.
The Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus focuses on valorisation in its broadest sense in order to:
- Ensure that no knowledge or research expertise is lost
- Make sure that society can benefit from the results of excellent scientific efforts
- Increase employment opportunities by starting companies or attracting third parties
- Generate funds to facilitate more and better research
- Improve the reputation and value of the region, center, institutes and scientists.
A few examples
Success stories of valorisation
Ideas turned into practice
Valorisation & Business Development team