Your future starts here
TNW X & Brightlands Smart Services Campus are looking for entrepreneurs with blockchain based solutions or ideas who are looking to turn them into successful businesses at the Brightlands HIVE.
The Brightlands Hub brings together 20,000 professionals and entrepreneurs across 4 campuses in a flourishing open innovation community. All with the aim to create a sustainable future, scalable business and true progress.
The Brightlands Smart Services Campus is dedicated to supporting tech companies working in Blockchain, AI and climate change achieve growth, clients and a strong market position. It does this by combining the educational expertise of multiple universities and research centres, expert-led acceleration and incubation programmes, highly engaged government bodies & a thriving community of like-minded innovators.
Sign Up above before January 20!
What to expect
Today’s PreXLR programme is the culmination of 3 years experience and 100 startup alumni. The result is a programme that provides holistic coaching to create sustainable business, validated products, a wealth of personal knowledge, seed funding and pre-sales with your first clients. Participants will recieve:
• Personal, business and inspirational coaching to shape your company and your personal capability.
• Tools and models to structure your business and team growth
• 22 workshops and best practice sessions based on Stanford University programmes
• Access to 20 additional modules to give you the flexibility and resources to build the skills you need
• Potential Pilot projects within or immediately after the programme with around 200 ecosystem members
• Develop plans to attract investment & talent, receive support to land that first funding round and identify the right individuals to build a stable business.
• After participating in the PreXLR programme, you will have access to further stages of the Brightland HIVE and its extensive network of corporates, governmental actors, and universities.
• The Brightlands PreXLR has a number of requirements to ensure participants are able to get the very most out of the course.
• You have a solution or idea utilising blockchain technologies
• If your application advances, you will need to take a short profiling examination, a ~1 hour interview and a short questionnaire
• Are willing to move to the Netherlands for the 11-week programme at a minimum
• Are yet to register a company
• Able to take a convertible €25,000 loan exchanged for equity at the close of the program
• Can be on campus for 95% availability for the 11 week period starting February 4th
• You are driven, motivated and excited to work in a collaborative environment which will advance at a fast pace
• Fluency in English
• Brightlands Smart Services Campus and its sister hubs are a vibrant & decentralized ecosystem of researchers & educators, entrepreneurs using cutting-edge future tech, and over 200 corporates - collaborating together to create a sustainable future.
• In partnership with TNW X, BW Ventures, & Connect Holland, the Brightlands HIVE is looking to support early stage startups and aspiring entrepreneurs in creating validated business’ through The 11 week PreXLR (Pre Acceleration) program.
• With over 120 alumni and over 200 ecsystem partners, Briglands offers an energetic environment and rigerous practice.
• Over 11 weeks you will receive workshops and guidance by established mentors and coaches, access to investment, corporate partners, and a market-validated business model.
• With this support you will be in the perfect environment to develop your business, land your first clients, and create a sustainable market-ready solution.
• Undergo a holistic training program that delivers technical expertise, business knowledge, psychological skills building, & sustainable practice.
• Must pass a personal profile test to assess your fit with the entrepreneurial profile set.
• 95% on-premise availability, discipline and engagement in coaching.
• Costs covered by a € 25.000 convertible loan, converts to 10% equity before the end of the program & upon establishment of a B.V. company in Limburg - or payable before the last day of the program.
• Find your early-evangelists & achieve sales before you build.
• Attain market access with a massive network of corporates & customers for pre-sales, potential pilots, MOU, & LOI.
• A PreXLR program with content that follows global standard best practices, entrepreneurial methods, mindsets, and tools.
• Establish your strategy, understand how to build the right team, & empathize with your customers and users.
"The past ten weeks of the PreXLR have been intensely valuable. The coaching provided, supported our start up by testing our assumptions continuously. This not only gave us confidence when speaking to our customers and end users, but also stopped us from creating a product and service not needed. The money, and more importantly the time saved, emphasised the value of the course, and the skills learnt will continue with our team throughout the stages of our business development. We are very much looking forward to our next stage with the Design Sprint."
"I was a bit apprehensive going into the PreXLR program because of how new it was. I had just returned from the largest incubator program in South Korea, so my expectations were high. My expectations were blown out of the water. I learned more in 10 weeks than I have in the last 2 years. The combination of lean-startup methodology and personal/psychological growth the program fosters and encourages was more than I could have ever asked for."
"Throughout the PreXLR experience, I gained numerous skills previously not learned during my time at Uni, along with an opportunity to apply my education practically. Not only did I work intensely with my diverse team, I also met a variety of fellow teams , each with their own expertise. By learning how to conduct experiments , the program allowed us to learn how to validate our assumptions even after the program ended. I was also able to further develop my analytical skills by gaining further insight into the entrepreneurial world. The balance between team focus and personal growth that Brightlands created allowed us to become more well-rounded as a team while also becoming more in tune with our true selves. We are much further now than we could have ever expected at the start of the program, and the personal growth I have made perfectly encapsulates the effectiveness of the program."
"My preXLR experience was a huge surprise. When you are going to that room for the first time It’s hard to believe that you will learn anything. Then, as the program develops, every session your eyes are just opened wider and wider. You learn to trust your mentors, integrate with other start-ups, and discover how good of the team you can be. This programme is like intensive university course for startups where instead of degree you get your working business."
Weekly PreXLR breakout
Each week consists of two meetings on Monday and Wednesday from 10AM to 4PM with a lunch break in between. On both days you will have a content workshop in the first half, and a peer coaching session/ entrepreneurial development coaching in the second.
There is a heavy focus on the peer-to-peer nature of this program - the more brains on a topic the better so that any denial on a decision is immediately confronted.
The remainder of your week will be filled with plenty of validation exercise - including many well-structured customer interviews. The end goal of the prexlr is to get sales with the right market segment for your startup asap - and this is something that we adapt specifically to your needs.
• Week 1: “Hard Landing” - The layout of the program, tools, and introduction are covered. In week 1 we begin discussing some of the most important aspects of problem-centric entrepreneurship and how we will get to problem-solution fit.
• Week 2: “Empirical Mindset” - Infusion of the scientific method into your customer discovery process properly and without bias.
• Week 3: “Problem & Solution” - We ensure that your understanding of problem-focus is at the forefront of your decision making at this stage. We begin aligning this mindset within your team.
• Week 4: “Why do you matter & to whom do you matter” - The first version of your pitch is discussed & best practices on how to generate the best first-version are embedded in your toolbox along with an understanding of how to communicate your value.
• Week 5: “Advertising & Landing Pages” - In this week we work on the face of your startup to both your early evangelists, as well as to the rest of the world.
• Week 6: “Data” - ‘What you can measure you can control’ - to that end we explain in excruciating detail why it is so important to run analytics wherever possible and why only digital marketing channels are optimal for this phase in your startup.
• Week 7: “Positioning” - How you will position yourself as the best solution for the right customer at the right time and eliminate competitive threats.
• Week 8: “Business Models & Financial Statements” - How to properly communicate your value in a tangible, quantitative fashion - like a pro.
• Week 9: “More Data” - In the world of communication there is a fine line between what is relevant and what is completely unnecessary. Here we guide you to cutting out the bullshit.
• Week 10: “Validation & Replication” - The only true validation is sales. The only thing better than getting your first sales in your first 11 weeks is replicating validation to as much of your target market as possible.
• Week 11: “Whats Next” - You have a long journey ahead of you. In week 11 you will learn how to use what you have learned for the future.