Materials Development Scientist/ Engineer - R&D - Boostani
Boostani is a startup company located on Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Sittard-Geleen. Boostani
develops plastic packaging compounds that are fully recyclable and are a step forward towards a more
sustainable future. We are looking for a materials development scientist who wants to be part of our
research and development team.
• Preparing and executing mixing, compounding and foil extrusion trials including analysis
(microscopy, mechanical performance, barrier performance)
• Coordinate all relevant activities in order to do the trials including experimental set-up
• Selecting the optimal processing windows and assure consistency in product and process and
quality in a safe way.
• You will evaluate the trials and deliver advice on changes or improvements
• You will also identify, analyze, execute and report improvements on processes
• Literature research
• Supervise interns in the team
Background and experience:
• The ideal candidate has a bachelor or master degree in chemical engineering, material science,
chemistry or similar
• You have practical experience in the lab, gained during studies or on the job
• You can operate in a dynamic and complex environment as an authority within your discipline
• You can connect, analyze complex problems, have good judgment skills and are decisive
• You have a creative hands-on mentality with strong focus on results
• You are teamplayer with good communication skills
• You are customer oriented
• Fluent in English
About the job:
• Start date: immediate
• Hours per week: part-time or full-time possible
• Place of work: Brightlands Chemelot Campus, Urmonderbaan 22, 6167 RD Geleen, The Netherlands
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on
the job description, please contact email@example.com. We are looking forward
to your application.
Click here to learn more about Boostani.