ToxGenSolutions BV invites applications for a position as experienced researcher, starting January 1, 2019.
You see you self as a researcher at a spin-off company based at the University of Maastricht with an ambition to expand. The research field is Neurodegeneration of the human brain, with focus on Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
The successful candidate will participate in an AD project supported by EU Interreg. Vlaanderen – Nederland, het Nederlands Ministerie van Economische Zaken, de Provincie Nederlands Limburg, Vlaams Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen (VLAIO) and the Provinces of Antwerpen and Vlaams Brabant.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Experimental planning of the project, problem solving and assuring compliance with the timelines of the project.
- Laboratory work within the field of microRNA detection.
- Performance of differential (epi-)genomics and pathway analyses.
- Handling and reporting of experimental data.
- Preparing microRNA profiles with diagnostic value for the market.
Applicants should have a PhD degree in (epi)genomics or equivalent with several years of experience.
The profile of the ideal candidate:
- You have experience with and enjoy laboratory work.
- You have hands-on experience with state-of-the-art (epi-)genomics technologies.
- Experience in bioinformatics will be considered an advantage.
- You communicate fluently in English.
- You can work with deadlines and pressure.
- You are flexible, enthusiastic and responsible, with team spirit and excellent collaboration skills.
ToxGenSolutions BV offers a competitive scientific environment with the ambition to build a self-sustainable company applying front-edge non-animal toxicogenomics approaches on human health problems to provide the customer with genetic biomarker fingerprints for application in novel more accurate methods for diagnosis, novel tools for follow-up of disease progression or response to treatment in humans, and novel drug development.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the current wage scales that are applied by the University of Maastricht. The position is for two years.
For additional information about the position, please contact Erwin L Roggen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can read more about ToxGenSolutions BV on www.toxgensolutions.eu.
Please submit your application no later than December 10, 2018 (Local time). Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all your materials in English. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc)
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.