Medical Design Engineer
Is this you?
To realize our ambitious growth plans in the field of custom implants, we are looking to add enthusiastic people to our team who are as passionate as we are about using state-of-the-art technology to help surgeons and patients.
As Medical Design Engineer you will work closely with surgeons to design perfectly fitting implants and surgical guides for their patients. Your skill will reconstruct patient’s skull, face, jaw and more. You will be responsible for the timely delivery of an accurate custom implant according to the surgeon’s specifications and to make his patients happy.
We offer a full-time position in a very innovative and multicultural company based in the Limburg region in the Netherlands for a driven team-player who doesn’t mind going the extra mile.
- Designing accurate customized implants, surgical guides and anatomical models
- Communicate with surgeons and production engineers
- Perform design iterations via our online platform or via online meetings
- Planning and prioritizing different assignments
- Technical consultation of the surgeon in terms of materials and/or surgical approach
- Preparing your design for production using either 3D printing or CNC milling
- Visit hospitals for order intake or to attend surgeries
- Reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer of the company.
Desired skills and experience:
- Biomedical engineering degree or equivalent (Bachelor or Master)
- Experience in CAD (SolidWorks/Siemens NX/ProE/Rhino) is essential
- Ability to “read” medical images (CT, CBCT, MRI) and knowledge of anatomy
- Meticulous and accurate 3D designer
- Comfortable to work according to ISO-FDA standards requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the medical industry is a plus
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to speak and understand Dutch or German or French; English is a must
- Team player
- Lives within 50km or willing to move.
Xilloc is a company specialised in custom products, mainly for high quality medical applications
such as Patient-Specific-Implants, Surgical Guides and Anatomical Models. We are dedicated to
maintain Xilloc as the highest standard for Patient Specific Products.
The company uses state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods, including a wide range
of 3D Printing technologies. Xilloc designed and produced both the world’s first 3D printed
cranial plate as well as the first full 3D printed mandible.
Are you interested? Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (Tip: we prefer a video-CV!)
We do not appreciate recruitment agencies to contact us regarding these vacancies.SS