Program and Project Developer
The Brightlands Smart Services Campus is in full swing as an organization. The Campus brings together a network of companies, educational institutions and (semi) government institutions that endeavour to make Limburg an innovative, decisive region in the field of smart services - globally. Smart services are intelligent services that create economic added value through intelligent information use.
The Brightlands Smart Services Campus is a Campus for high-quality products and services aimed at, but not limited to, smart services which create spin-offs, start-ups, and other partnerships to the market and, through newly acquired activities, strengthens and enlarges the global market. By bringing together business, (applied) research, and education in one unique open innovation ecosystem, Brightlands Smart Services Campus is a fast-growing hotspot in the field of smart services.
It is a unique place where innovative startups, corporate companies, progressive knowledge institutions and researchers, teachers, students and business / product developers, and strategists work together on projects and programs on innovative solutions for the present and the future.
The most important assignment of the Brightlands Smart Services Campus organization is the further development of the campus community and thus the number of valuable collaborations and innovative developments in the field of smart services.
In the context of the developments on the Smart Services Campus, we are looking for a:
Program and Project Developer (0.8-1.0 fte)
In this position you report to the Manager Community Development and work closely together or coordinate intensively with on the one hand (internal) colleague Business Developers and Program Managers and Project Managers and on the other hand (externally) the knowledge institutes, companies, participants and other involved partners in the ecosystem of the Campus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As Program and Project Developer, it is your task to develop innovative programs and projects in the field of smart services in co-creation with companies (both providers and users) and knowledge institutes. The Program and Project Developer also has an important task to build on these programs and projects and to ensure the realisation of a community within them.
He or she does this by cleverly mobilising well-developed (global) networks and an indomitable desire to win and contribute to the growth objectives of the Campus.
Your Main Tasks Are:
- Your most important deliverable is creating and coordinating the design of (new and expanding) substantive programs and projects together with the knowledge partners and companies, as well as users;
- You are responsible for both supply-driven and demand-driven initiation, design and development of new programs and projects within the Campus-ECO system in the field of Smart Services in the broad sense of the word;
- You analyze important developments and needs, both demand and supply oriented, in the market and at the knowledge institutions, know how to value them, identify opportunities and impossibilities, bring together (parties and initiatives) and translate them into close coordination with integral business cases, program proposals and project plans, including where necessary (helping) finding sources of finance and/ or subsidies;
- You build a wide network, both regionally, nationally and internationally, through company visits, conferences, network meetings and following relevant publications, and know how to reduce initiatives to strengthen existing and develop new programs and projects;
- You are responsible for a flourishing community, where participants add value to the ecosystem and derive value from this same ecosystem;
- You assess initiatives and activities within companies and recognise development opportunities and synergy benefits in relation to possible programs and projects on campus;
- You manage the entire process, from signalling, initiation, and development, bringing parties together, developing the plans, finding financing for the plans and starting up such new activities up to and including the transfer to the relevant project leader (s) for the project. performance;
- You also contribute to the development of new revenue models for the Campus and ensure that relevant subsidies/ funding are (collectively) collected.
The Right Candidate
Are you the right person for this position? Then at least you meet the following job requirements and characteristics:
- WO working and thinking level combined with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Interested in and own experience with the content field of Smart Services in a broad sense;
- You have gained knowledge and experience in program and project development, also and especially in connection with knowledge institutions and cooperation with the business community;
- You have experience and affinity with finding financing opportunities/ subsidies for new innovative research, education or development projects;
- You speak both the language of science and education, but also the language of the entrepreneur (large and small); you as an 'interpreter' are able to bring these together;
- You can work in a project-based and structured manner, but you are not 'pure' a project leader; you are able to bring diversity, different thoughts, different ambitions, various ideas, and different interests together, to connect and to lead to new/renewed/enhanced collaborations;
- Clear vision and affinity with themes on the campus and in the ECO system and the (im)possibilities for the partners;
- Entrepreneurial, creative, out-of-the-box thinking and result-oriented personality who comes to his/ her right in a dynamic (content) environment; a real self-starter with the appropriate self-steering attitude;
- You are a connector and developer, who knows how to bring parties together and - in terms of content - know how to bring them together, with a long-term focus and the tenacity to achieve set (programmatic and innovative content) goals;
- You proactively inventory on the one hand the wishes and needs of potential campus residents and participants (demand management) and on the other hand the ambitions and possibilities from the partner knowledge institutes (supply management) and play an active role in this;
- You are an effective networker; someone who can not only bring supply and demand together but sees opportunities, creates demand and converts from execution to new activities, programs, and projects;
- You are able to transfer initiatives to the (intended) project team and the (intended) project leader (s) and get back on the road to the next new theme / subject to be brought to fruition and to a next (subsidized) ) project must lead;
- Your command of the Dutch and English language, in word and in writing, is excellent.
You can apply by sending your CV with motivation to email@example.com, clearly stating the job in question.
A challenging job with flexible working hours in an innovative organization and environment, with ample opportunities for personal development and competitive employment conditions.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.