Senior Training and Education Specialist
We are looking for a Senior training and Education Specialist at our Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, the Knowledge Center is a centralized function serving global technologists, healthcare professionals, engineers and others. It ties heavily into the section of the Medtronic Mission that emphasizes the importance of continuous learning and knowledge assimilation under three main initiatives:
- Library — The library encompasses literature subscriptions and professional research. Clinical, technical and business information are all available through the Knowledge Center website to provide employees with the information they need to discover, learn and support making good decisions.
- Technical development and engagement — The focus here is on employee learning and leveraging internal knowledge. The Knowledge Center energizes the Medtronic technical community by providing opportunities to learn, connect and engage. Through partnerships with technical leaders and societies, they deliver events, education and recognition that foster the internal collection and sharing of knowledge.
- Knowledge management and collaboration solutions — This initiative is about connecting people to people and people to information. The Knowledge Center supports an internal social networking platform called MIX (Medtronic Information Exchange), where employees can join online communities, share what they are working on, and find out what others are doing and what’s happening with the company. One flagship community, sponsored by the Knowledge Center, is Ask Medtronic. It encourages employees to ask and answer questions from across the globe.
A Day in the Life
As a member of the Medtronic Knowledge Center team, the Senior Training and Education Specialist has responsibility to globally extend established programs for Technical Development and Engagement, Library, Knowledge Management, and Collaborations. This role will be positioned at the Bakken Research Center (BRC) in Maastricht and serve as a strong partner to deliver new opportunities and process improvements that align with Knowledge Center strategy and the needs of local regions.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Establish a physical Knowledge Center hub and ambassadorship in the BRC to extend Knowledge Center initiatives.
- Provide logistical support for various events across the globe (e.g. symposia, trainings, workshops, etc). Some travel required.
- Deliver training to educate EMEA employees about the use of Knowledge Center tools and resources.
- Integrate BRC into Knowledge Center’s promotional and communication channels.
- Partner with BRC and EMEA stakeholders to promote and communicate the regional knowledge, initiatives and capabilities through the Knowledge Center.
- Serve as Knowledge Center’s global liaison to geographical sites.
- Support employee information requests and questions related to finding resources across Medtronic, responding to employees and connecting them to internal experts or external resources.
- Special projects or initiatives on an ad hoc or ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2+ years working in a global business environment;
- Experience in organizing or facilitating training and events
- Direct experience interacting with colleagues in R&D, scientific and engineering organization
- Demonstrated success working in multiple cultures and on global teams
- Multilingual and especially fluent in English
Nice to Haves
- Experience fostering the dissemination of knowledge and information through a corporate library or training environment
- Demonstrated success working independently, utilizing virtual technologies to maintain strong cross-functional team relations
- Training systems including virtual and video technologies
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with technical management and leaders
- High level of computer literacy including graphical software, html, SharePoint, social networking, and desktop publishing
- Understanding and ability to effectively leverage learning management systems
- Highly developed written, verbal and online communication skills
- Leading online engagement in social communities
- Project management skills
- Relationship skills with ability to connect and network effectively
- Good judgment, problem solving, and analytical skills
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 89,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 1,750 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.