At the four Brightlands campuses in Limburg (NL), research on major issues leads to groundbreaking innovations in sustainability, health and digitalization. Brightlands research institutes evolve from existing well-known knowledge institutes and business, facilitated by government with the Province of Limburg as most important partner.
Which research institutes are located at Brightlands?
Research on sustainability, health and digitalization
In the substance of their projects, researchers focus on bio-circular chemistry as a basis for new materials and chemical production processes, regenerative medicine, precision medicine, innovative diagnostics, safe and healthy nutrition, future farming, smart digital services and data science.
Brightlands: thé place for research
- Research facilities: Brightlands gives you access to state-of-the-art R&D facilities such as laboratories, the world’s most powerful MRI scanners and other imaging facilities, analytical tools, flexible cleanrooms, pilot plants, field labs, a cooking and flavor center, a gastrointestinal simulator and an interaction lab.
- Support: Brightlands can give you advice on the various financing options available for your research, can help with subsidy applications and connect you to investors. Brightlands can also help you with the valorisation of your research.
- Powering innovation: Gain entry to a cross-border network of companies and experts and access to academic knowledge and university students.
- Central location: Brightlands is centrally located in Europe in the middle of the .
Aachen-Louvain-Eindhoven technology triangle.
- Research institutes: Renowned knowledge institutes specializing in regenerative medicine, sustainable materials, logistics and biomedical applications are based at Brightlands with Maastricht University as our main partner.
- Career: Brightlands offers prospects for a career in the scientific and academic fields via renowned knowledge institutes as well as opportunities for a future as an entrepreneur, or even a combination of the two.