TEFAF Oncologie Chair 2019 Symposium & InauguratieEvent date: March 21, 201913:30u
End date: March 21, 2019
You are cordially invited to the TEFAF Symposium Microenvironmental Regulation of Cancer: Translating Basic Science to Clinical Applications and to the Inaugural lecture Inflammation and Cancer: New Targets for Therapy in Cancer of Prof. dr. Lisa Coussens.
Professor and Chairwoman Lisa Coussens, cancer biologist at the Department of Cell Development & Cancer Biology, and Associate Director of Basic Research in the Knight Cancer Institute, at Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU), Portland (US) has been appointed as Visiting Professor for the Chair of Oncology in 2019. Professor Coussens studies the role of immune cells and their mediators as critical regulators of cancer development, and identification of immune targets for anti-cancer immunotherapy.
- 13:30 - 14:00 Welcome
- 14:00 - 14:05 Opening symposium by Manon van Engeland, scientific director GROW
- 14:05 - 14:45 Michele de Palma, EPFL, Lausanne Tumor-derived extracellular vesicles: role in anti-cancer therapy and beyond
- 14:45 - 15:25 Karin de Visser, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam Dissecting tumor-genotype/immunophenotype relationships in metastatic breast cancer
- 15:25 - 16:05 Mara Sherman, Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU), Portland Mechanisms and consequences of pancreatic cancer stromal evolution
- 16:05 - 16:25 Break
- 16:30 - 17:15 Inauguration Lisa Coussens Inflammation and Cancer: New Targets for Therapy in Cancer
- 17:15 - 18:00 Reception
Attendance is free but pre-registration is required before March 15.