Nominees For The Brightlands Convention Award 2016march 16, 2017
On Saturday 18 March, during the annual TEFAF meeting of the convention ambassador club Amici ad Mosam, Alderman John Aarts will hand out the Brightlands Convention Award 2016 to the person who has meant most to the Maastricht region as a convention destination.
The nominees for the Brightlands Convention Award 2016 are:
- 11th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences (WAC11) 2020 & IUTOX 2022: Department of Toxicogenomics Maastricht University: prof. dr. Jos Kleinjans | prof. dr. Theo de Kok | dr. René Reijnders
- EAS 2019: prof. dr. Erik Biessen (CARIM – Maastricht University Medical Center; Maastricht UMC+)
- ECB 2020: Emile van de Sandt (DSM Delft) | Aldrik Velders (Wageningen University)
- EEA 2016: Department of Accounting and Information Management Maastricht University:Prof. dr. Roger Meuwissen | Dr. Caren Schelleman | Prof. dr. Ann Vanstraelen
- European Vascular Course: prof. dr. Michael Jacobs (Maastricht UMC+)
- Ramses: drs. Tom van Mulken(Maastricht UMC+, Zuyderland Medical Center)
This list is in alphabetical order of congress titles, which are the reason for nomination (future meetings were signed in 2016)
The board of the Maastricht Convention Bureau (Frans Willem Cox, director Hotel Van der Valk Maastricht, Lars Flinkerbusch, director VVV Maastricht Marketing, Susanne Pauwels, managing director Pauwels Congress Organisers and Rob van de Wiel, director MECC Maastricht, and Chairman of the board Nico Stam, Deputy Director Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus) elects the winner from these nominees.
Amici ad Mosam was founded by MECC Maastricht and Maastricht Convention Bureau in 2011, to create a network and platform between regional academics, MECC Maastricht, and the Maastricht Convention Bureau. For many years now these two organizations have been building a relationship with academics from Maastricht & region. Together with them, they try to get conventions and scientific meetings to come to Maastricht & region and to initiate new ones.
The award is sponsored by Brightlands. Brightlands allows scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs to come together in order to create added value for scientific research and medical technology. Conventions are of essential importance to establish those connections.