Video: what is a blockchain?june 9, 2017
Blockchain technology is a decentralized concept that enables the safer and more efficient exchange of digital information. Decentralized and transparent recording of each transaction takes place without the intervention of a third party. This can have a major impact on sectors such as energy supply, financial services and logistics.
“Blockchain technology has the potential to transform the way we work,” says TNO’s Christopher Brewster.
Cooperation in Blockchain
“Blockchain technology will only have real impact if companies, governments and knowledge institutions work together,” states Tim de Knegt of the Port of Rotterdam. TNO is committed to bringing together blockchain experts and forming public-private partnerships to work on the further development of this groundbreaking technology in different sectors. The goal is to enhance innovation in the Netherlands, thus boosting the competitiveness of companies and the welfare of society in a way that is sustainable over the long term.
The video includes contributions from the following experts:
- Peter Verkoulen (CEO Brightlands Smart Services Campus)
- Christopher Brewster (Senior Scientist Data Science TNO)
- Joep Beukers (Innovatiemanager APG)
- Vince Meens (Manager Blockchain Development Brightlands Smart Services Campus)
- Tim de Knegt (Manager Strategic Finance & Treasury Havenbedrijf Rotterdam)
- Oskar van Deventer (Senior Scientist Blockchain Networking TNO)