Join the Brightlands team at the Odyssey Hackathonfebruary 4, 2019
It is time to introduce the ‘digital first’ approach to government and government policy. What does ‘digital citizenship’ look like? The Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK) invites you to co-create the digital future by building it. As part of the cooperation between BZK and Brightlands Smart Services Campus, 1 team will be guaranteed to participate in the Odyssey Hackathon from April 11-15 (provided the conditions are met).
The Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations is challenging you to come up with a truly new approach for a trusted and easy enrollment on:
(1) Privacy Breach Detector
Governments have a lot of data, which they’d like to share with everyone, as basically everyone has paid taxes to collect this data. However, government organisations are afraid of revealing personal information by enabling the combining of large amounts of data. To test this, a ‘privacy breach detector’ could be developed that would sound an alarm (‘Privacy breach!’) if the dataset the organisation wishes to unlock should not be made available, or only in an adapted form. Could we create a mechanism to prevent privacy breaches when releasing new open data in an existing data field in compliance with GDPR?
(2) Next Generation Digital ID
Creating a potentially Dutch government-backed next-generation digital identity for adoption throughout Europe, with the citizen, not the government, as the starting point. The Dutch Ministry of the Interior challenges you to come up with a truly new approach to reliably, easily establishing a digital identity (using real-world identification such as a passport). To enable widespread testing in practice and, if successful, in order for the Dutch government to confirm and present the solution as suitable for private markets throughout Europe, it must potentially function on all devices commonly owned by the general public, empower the citizen (user) to have control over their own attributes and the level of the system/bridge must be ‘substantial’(level 3, eIDAS).
JOIN THE BRIGHTLANDS TEAM
As part of the cooperation between BZK and Brightlands Smart Services Campus, 1 team will be guaranteed to participate in the Odessey Hackathon from April 11-15 (provided the conditions are met).
- 200.000 euro in cash rewards for the best-performing teams
- 20 partner consortia ready to incubate and accelerate every great team and solution
- Firsthand knowledge from leading experts and visionairies in the field of blockchain and AI
- Impactful #communization challenges to work on with the leading tech, legal and regulatory experts and launching costumers
- It's fun!
If you are selected, participation in the hackathon is free for you. You can spend the night in Groningen free of charge (April 11-14).
HOW TO REGISTER?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following info (Dutch or English):
- Names, ages, mail address and mobile numbers from your group
- Company name(s) and/ or schools/universities
- Short motivation in which you explain why you would like to take part. Please discribe:
- Which of the two challenges do you want to tackle and why? (max ½ A4)
- What does your team look like? Why should you participate in this hackathon? And how does this hackathon help you to shape and / or concretise your ideas (max 1 A4)
- How are you connected or do you want to be connected to the Brightlands Smart Services Campus? What added value do you think you can get out of this (max ½ A4)
Please note: At the moment of registration, a team must be complete (5 or 6 people); teams with fewer members will not be eligible. Registration ends February 18.
IMPORTANT DATES & PREPARATORY EVENTS
Track Deep Dive, February 8. Read more and register.
Registration Brightlands team ends, February 18.
Ethical Deep Dive, March 8. Read more and register.
Getting Ready Conference, March 13. Read more and register.
Odyssey Hackathon, April 11-15. Read more.