Region for growth
Brightlands is supported by governments: the European Union, the Dutch government, the (Dutch) Province of Limburg and the Municipality of Sittard-Geleen (Brightlands Chemelot Campus).
Below you find more information about the most notable projects that are or were supported by the government.
The financial support from the European Union is provided via OPZuid, Interreg and Horizon 2020.
- BioTex Fieldlab
- NaCoSol (coating)
- Biobased Materials for the fragrances & flavors industry
- Campus Community Building & Communication
- ADAM: Advanced Dutch Additive Manufacturing
- Spin-in (spinning disc technology)
- SCeLio-4B (pilot project bio-based)
- Pilot project Thermoplastic Composites
- Biobased Materials Plus
Interreg V (Flanders-Netherlands):
Brightlands supports the following Interreg projects:
- Project EnOp (for CO2: Capture, Use and Storage)
- Project EnEf (for reducing CO2 emission through increased energy efficiency).
Seventh Framework Programme:
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions:
The support from the Dutch government is provided via OPZuid or direct subsidies.
Dutch government projects:
Province of Limburg
The support from the (Dutch) Province of Limburg is provided via OPZuid or direct subsidies.
In addition, the Province is shareholder of the campus development organizations and invests heavily in the campus development with equite.
Province of Limburg projects:
Municipality of Sittard-Geleen
The support from the Municipality of Sittard-Geleen is done in various ways, including network support.